Hallo! Just got back from some time in Hawaii (where the wife and I sampled a local chili infused vodka).
Without delay, cherries! You can use fresh as well, but for now let’s focus. This infusion produces a richly colored and flavored
- 3 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Combine ingredients in an airtight glass jar and shake well. Store in a cool, dark place for 14 days. Give it a shake every couple of days.
- Pour through a metal strainer and store in a cool, dark place. For added clarity pour through a coffee filter. It is also OK to leave the cherries in and use as garnish (they expand back to nearly their original size and shape).
- on the rocks or neat
- with Coke, Sprite, ginger ale, soda water, or tonic
- with orange, pineapple, cranberry, or apple juices
- in a kamikaze, vodka sour, lemon drop, or cosmopolitan
- 2 cups dried cherry infused vodka
- 1 cup simple syrup
Combine all ingredients, mix well, and allow to rest at least 10 minutes before using. Store in a cool, dark place.
- 2 oz dried cherry infused vodka
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- soda water
Add first three ingredients to a highball glass filled with ice and top with soda water. Garnish with a cherry.