Warning: if you were an English major use special caution with this infusion.
My wife and one of my best friends *really* liked this infusion, perhaps too much. Unfortunately, they both read this thing and therefore it’s probably wise to not go into the story. Let’s just say neither are particularly gung ho about tasting and of my cocktail tests using this.
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 5 days or up to 21 for added intensity (give it a taste after 5 days to make sure it is properly supertasty).
- Pour through a coffee filter and store for an additional 30 days before enjoying. Store in a cool, dark place.
Tip: The post-infusion aging on this really helps smooth this out. You can try it right away and will be especially good in bloody marys.
- In a bloody mary, lemon drop, negroni (in place of gin), or kamikaze
- In a martini, especially dirty (note: you might want to mix the pepper vodka with plain for a milder tippler)
- With orange, grapefruit, or apple juice
- With Sprite, Coke, rootbeer, Red Bull, or ginger ale
Smoking hot stuff
- 1.5 oz black pepper infused vodka
- 1.5 oz cinnamon infused vodka or liqueur
- .5 oz simple syrup (optional)
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a twist.
- 2 oz black pepper infused vodka
- 1 oz grenadine
- 1 oz lime juice
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.